I'm very happy to announce a next major release of RhodeCode.
In this release main focus was on improving performance on large setups. The lightweight dashboard, can be activated
to overcome issues with having a large amount of repositories in the root path.
New diff engine, can in some cases generate diffs 10x faster than in previous versions. Compare views are now also working for GIT, it's a big step before having pull requests for GIT repositories. See full changelog for details
Here is the full changelog for this release
- new rewritten from scratch diff engine. 10x faster in edge cases. Handling
of file renames, copies, change flags and binary files
- added lightweight dashboard option. ref #500. New version of dashboard
page that doesn't use any VCS data and is super fast to render. Recommended
for large amount of repositories.
- implements #648 write Script for updating last modification time for
- implemented compare engine for git repositories.
- LDAP failover, option to specify multiple servers
- added Errormator and Sentry support for monitoring RhodeCode
- implemented #628: Pass server URL to rc-extensions hooks
- new tooltip implementation - added lazy loading of changesets from journal
pages. This can significantly improve speed of rendering the page
- implements #632,added branch/tag/bookmarks info into feeds
added changeset link to body of message
- implemented #638 permissions overview to groups
- implements #636, lazy loading of history and authors to speed up source
- implemented #647, option to pass list of default encoding used to
encode to/decode from unicode
- added caching layer into RSS/ATOM feeds.
- basic implementation of cherry picking changesets for pull request, ref #575
- implemented #661 Add option to include diff in RSS feed
- implemented file history page for showing detailed changelog for a given file
- implemented #663 Admin/permission: specify default repogroup perms
- implemented #379 defaults settings page for creation of repositories, locking
statistics, downloads, repository type
- implemented #210 filtering of admin journal based on Whoosh Query language
- added parents/children links in changeset viewref #650
- fixed git version checker
- #586 patched basic auth handler to fix issues with git behind proxy
- #589 search urlgenerator didn't properly escape special characters
- fixed issue #614 Include repo name in delete confirmation dialog
- fixed #623: Lang meta-tag doesn't work with C#/C++
- fixes #612 Double quotes to Single quotes result in bad html in diff
- fixes #630 git statistics do too much work making them slow.
- fixes #625 Git-Tags are not displayed in Shortlog
- fix for issue #602, enforce str when setting mercurial UI object.
When this is used together with mercurial internal translation system
it can lead to UnicodeDecodeErrors
- fixes #645 Fix git handler when doing delete remote branch
- implements #649 added two seperate method for author and commiter to VCS
changeset class switch author for git backed to be the real author not commiter
- fix issue #504 RhodeCode is showing different versions of README on
different summary page loads
- implemented #658 Changing username in LDAP-Mode should not be allowed.
- fixes #652 switch to generator approach when doing file annotation to prevent
huge memory consumption
- fixes #666 move lockkey path location to cache_dir to ensure this path is
always writable for rhodecode server
- many more small fixes and improvements
- fixed issues with recursive scans on removed repositories that could take
long time on instance start